Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Life, Love, and Other Mysteries" Chapter 6

Chapter 6


Cami sat next to Ezra at the dinner table. They went out to have supper with the family minus Jael. She wasn't sure where she went but she was sure her sister would tell her at the house.

"So you've seemed extra happy which is quite a change from your miserable attitude towards us this morning." Maryn said. Cami smiled and looked at Ezra who winked at her.

"Well, you guys making fun of us all weekend has changed our minds about us being together." Cami said. Everyone got quiet and looked at them.

"You guys hate each other?" Kassarah said coming out of no where. Cami was used to her neighbor showing up from random places but her family gave her a strange look.

"No we don't hate each other. Were getting married." Cami said trying to keep a straight face.

"I didn't know you were that close." Her father said. Cami and Ezra both laughed.

"No no no we just decided to have more than a friendship?" Cami asked looking at everyone who still looked at them in shock. "What? Get back to eating it's not like you didn't know it was going to happen!" She said. She put a fork full of salad in her mouth and tried to not look at their judgemental looks.

"How is that going to work if he's going back on Friday?" Cami's mother asked. Cami had almost forgotten that he had to go back. She looked at Ezra was looking at her as well.

"We haven't talked about that." Ezra said.

"You guys should figure something out then. But otherwise, I'm quite happy that you two are together." Cami's father said. Cami gave a little smile and suddenly wasn't hungry anymore.

"Excuse me, I'm going to go to the ladies room." She said taking the napkin off of her lap. She got up and started walking to the bathroom. She felt a hand pulling her from her elbow and she didn't want to turn around. She knew who it was and she didn't want him to see her being upset.

"Cami, please talk to me? We can leave here and go somewhere else." Ezra said. She turned around and looked at his eyes.

"I don't want you to leave. I finally have you after 6 years and now your going to leave me in 5 days." She felt tears burn at her eyes. She wasn't much for goodbyes. Even if it wasn't for 5 days.
"It's just for a little bit. I can come here every weekend to see you. Or you can come home with me for the weekend. I want my mom to meet you personally." Ezra said holding her hand. Cami looked around at the people who stared at them.

"Let's go somewhere else to talk." She said.

He nodded and they walked back to the table.

She picked up her purse and took out 20 dollars. "Here's for our dinners. You guys stay as long as you like Bryna or Maryn have keys to the house. Were gonna go talk about some things."
Cami said.

Her family all nodded and she and Ezra walked out. They got into the car and she was driving this time. She wasn't sure where they were going to go that was quiet but they had to go somewhere to talk.

"Your really quiet. It's kind of making me nervous." Ezra said looking at her. She looked over at him and smiled a little.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I told you what I wanted to at the resteraunt. Your turn to talk." She said pulling into the parking lot of one of her friend's apartment buildings. She had an extra key because she had to take care of the apartment whenever he went out.

"Where are we? Your not going to kill me right?" He asked getting out of the car. She laughed and shook her head.

"No don't worry. This is my friend's house. He goes to my school and is out for the weekend so I have a key. Were going to borrow it." She said nodding. She held his hand and led him into the apartment building. They made their way up to the apartment and Cami opened the door.

"This is nice." He said walking in. Cami smiled and closed the door than locked it making Ezra turn around to look at her. "Wow." He said as she took her coat off.

"what?" She asked with a smirk leading him into the living room. He raised his eyebrows.

"Did you look that amazing all day?" He asked with a smirk. She nodded.

"pretty much." She said with a small laugh. He shook his head and sat on the couch.

"Anyway, I think we need to see each other alot." He said holding her hand as she sat next to him. She nodded.

"I agree." She said.

"Do you think we can make it work?" He asked. She nodded yet again.

"With God all things are possible." She quoted the famous verse from the bible. He smiled.

"Amen." He said with a wink. "It's taking all my strength to not kiss you right now." He said biting his bottom lip. It made her blush.

"Why? Why don't you just kiss me?" She asked. She couldn't believe she was saying that to Ezra. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing's coming to mind." He said. She smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well if you want to wait to kiss me that's fine. We can sit here all day he wont be home for a while."

--

Bryna walked out onto the patio where Bronxon sat. She sat on the arm of the chair he was sitting in and looked at him but he made no effort to look at her.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked. He still did not look at her but took a deep breath.

"My brother and your sister are going out." He said. She nodded.

"I know I was there, remember?" She asked. He looked at her finally.

"Yea." He said.

"So what's so bad about them going out? You realize we pretty much set them up for it right? We brought them with us to dinner." She said taking his hand. He nodded.

"Yea. I thought I'd be happy for them but they made me realize that your living here now and when I go back with Ezra and your parents your not coming back with me. Were not going to see each other as much as we usually would, Bry." He said pulling her down to sit on his lap. She pouted a little.

"I know. But we know that this is the best thing for me. We talked about this Bronx." She said looking at him. He sighed and looked down.

"I know we did but I don't want it to happen. I want to take you home or move here."

"Well then, move here." she said smiling at him, hope bubbling up within her heart.

He shrugged, "Okay."

"Okay, that's it? Just like that you're going to move here?" she asked, her eyes widening as she spoke.How could he make a split second decision like that?

"Well, I need to go to school somewhere, so why not here with you?" he kissed her hand softly and smiled at her.

"Oh you've made me the happiest woman alive right now." she exclaimed hugging him tight.

"I doubt that." came Jael's voice from behind them.

"Bronx is going to move here, go to school with me." she smiled at her sister and winked, "What could be better than that?"

"Elisha and I just got married." Jael countered.

The family now crowded the patio, it was loud and everyone was speaking at the same time both to her and Jael. Eliana and Khalil were crying in the confusion. Bryna's head spun, but at least she knew she had Bronxon with her. For good.

--

Maryn sat in the living room. Everyone seemed to have a man except for her. She watched everyone around her in chaos but she did not feel at all chaos. The door opened and Ezra walked in with raised eyebrows as he watched the craziness Maryn now called home. Cami was next in the house and her reaction was equal to Ezra's. Than another figure walked into the house. Something she never thought she'd ever see. A very handsome man. What was he doing here? Better yet Who is he? She wondered as he followed Cami and Ezra into the living room.

"What's going on in here?" Cami asked.

"Ask Jael. Whose your friend?" Maryn asked. Cami looked at her and than to him and Maryn could see the light bulb go off in her head.

"This, Maryn, is Gabriel. He goes to school with me. Gabriel, this is my sister Maryn. You guys talk it up we have to go find Jael." Cami said taking Ezra's hand they walked out of the room.

Maryn moved over on the couch and motioned for him to sit next to her.

"Nice to meet you, Gabriel." She said. She shook his hand and he kissed hers.

"You too. You know your sister was telling me about you on the way over here and she could not have described how amazingly beautiful you are." Gabriel said. Maryn felt her cheeks get extra red and took her hand away from his.

"Thank you. She's told me nothing about you at all." Maryn said with a smile. Gabriel laughed.

"Really? You would think if she really wanted us to be together than she would tell you a little about me." He said with a smile. Maryn laughed.

"I know she's slacking we'll have to talk to her about that."

--

Cami looked at her sister and didn't know if she should smack her or hug her.

"You just got up and married each other?" Cami asked now looking at Elisha.

"Yea. Well see he has to go back to Iraq and I need to take care of Khalil. So it was necessary." Jae said. Cami hugged both of them.

"Well I'm excited for you guys!" She said. Ezra shook Elisha's hand and hugged Jae.

"Thank you! When are you guys going to do it?" Jael asked.

Cami looked at her sister in shock.

"Joking! I know you just started going out."

Cami looked at her again.

"We didn't announce that till dinner when you weren't there how do you know?" Cami asked.

"Believe me I know it all!"Jael said with a wink.

Cami took Eliana and walked away with Ezra. "I can't believe they got married." Cami said looking at Ezra. They tried to find a quiet place but the house was full or so it seemed. Cami walked into the nursery and Ezra shut the door.

"It's a good thing they got married though right?" Ezra asked. Cami nodded.

"Yea. I mean, definately. I knew they were going to it was just when? But now Elisha's going to Iraq." She said playing with the baby. Ezra sat next to her on the floor.

"Yea, God Bless him."

"My sister is going to need some help with the kids, and being alone..." she said, running her hand over Eliana's cheek gently.

"Yeah, probably. But, that doesn't mean we can't make time for us, Cambria." Ezra stated, taking her hand in his.

"Are you sure about that? Because, if we're just going to go back to being alone..." her voice broke.

"Cambria look at me." he cupped her chin in his hand, and turned her face to him. "We're going to make this work between us. Even if I have to move to Delaware."

Her heart thudded within her chest as she leaned into him. "Are you for real, Ezra?"

He chuckled, "Of course I am, Cami." he kissed her gently. "Now smile a little for me, we need to go back out there before they come looking for us."

"Right." she smiled and lifted Eliana onto her hip. "Lets get back to them."

No comments:

Post a Comment