Monday, March 23, 2009

Life,Love,and Other Mysteries-Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cami walked into the kitchen mostly everyone was there. "Good morning guys. How’s it going?" She asked. She gave each of the kids a kiss on the cheek and Ezra also.

"Sister, do you think you can watch Khalil for me? The baby has a doctor’s appointment today and I don’t want him to be bored." Jael said. Cami nodded.

"Of course. I have to go shopping so he’ll hafta suffer through buying cookies and candy." Cami said with a wink towards Khalil.

The little boy clapped his hands and laughed. "Tookies!" he said.

Cami smiled and picked the boy up.

"Don’t spoil the child." Jael said.

Cami shook her head. "I never do." she said with a smirk.

Jael laughed and picked up the baby. "Alright were heading out. Khalil have fun and be good. Cami no spoiling my child!" Jael said before walking out the door.

Cami looked at Khalil and shrugged. "I like spoiling you though kiddo." she said.

"Spoil kiddo." He repeating.

Cami nodded."That’s what I thought!" she said. She walked into the nursery to get him dressed and Ezra came in to help.

"Can I come?" he asked.

Cami raised an eyebrow. "Come where?" she asked.

"The store. I need some stuff for my apartment." he said.

Cami turned around and widened her eyes."You got an apartment?" she asked.

He nodded.

"Oh my gosh I’m so happy for you!" she said hugging him.

He laughed and hugged her back.

"When can I see it?" she asked letting him go.

He shrugged. "We can go now if you want." he said.

She nodded and picked Khalil up. "Come on little man let's go see this new house."

--

Cami took Khalil out of the stroller and let him run around the empty apartment. "This house is so cute. So it’s official now? Your really staying?" she asked.

Ezra put his arms around Cami and kissed her cheek."Yes it is. Just have to go back to my mom’s and get my stuff, but I’m not leaving after that." he said watching Khalil jump around.

Cami laughed as Khalil ran over and put his hands up for her to pick him up. "What do you say we go get our shopping done eh?"

--

Cami walked into her house with arms full of bags. "Hello? Jae ya home?" she asked.

"Yeah, I’m in the living room. Do you need help bringing stuff in?" Jael asked running into the kitchen.

"No, I've got it all. Ezra’s bringing Khalil in. He fell asleep in the car." Cami said starting to put stuff away.

Jael helped put the stuff away than sat at the table with Cami.

Ezra walked in and sat with them.

"So Bryna told me that you were talking about marriage?" Jael asked.

Cami raised her eyebrows and looked over at Ezra who had his eyebrows raised as well.

"What are you talking about? I should shoot her." Cami said under her breath.

"Hey there don’t get too crazy" Ezra said. "I mean we’ve only been together for a month."

Cami nodded and looked at Jael."Welcome to the family." Cami said.

Jael laughed. "Seriously." she said.

Ezra shook his head. "Thanks."he said before standing up to get a drink.

Jael and Cami both laughed. Cami knew that he really didn’t know what he was getting himself into going out with her.

--

Jael watched Ezra walk away and she turned to her sister, "Hold onto that one, he’s good for you." she said.

"I’m going to try. How’s Elisha?" Cami asked.

"I haven’t heard from him today, but yesterday he was okay, missing home. I’m trying to think of a creative way to tell him I’m pregnant." she said, gauging her sister’s reaction.

"Excuse me?" Cami’s mouth dropped open and she wrapped her arms around Jael.

"I said, I’m pregnant. Elisha and I are having a baby..How do I tell him?"

"Send him the pregnancy test." Ezra stated from the doorway. "And a picture of the kids in big brother and big sister shirts."

Cami’s mouth dropped again, "Where did that idea come from?" she questioned him.

"Television." he chuckled his face reddened as he ducked back into the kitchen.

"What a man you’ve got on your hands sister." Jael laughed. "But I just might use his idea."

"I can’t wait! Another nephew or niece." she hugged Jael again, and stood. "I’m going to find Ezra and tease him relentlessly about this idea."

Jael shook her head and grabbed her laptop off the desk, it was time to find t-shirts for the kids. Her hand rested on her stomach and she sighed, she wished that Elisha was here so that they could’ve found out together. Instead, he was a whole world away with no idea that he was going to be a father again. Another sigh left her lips, no sense in feeling sorry for herself, it was time to start looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment